Respect for privacy and privacy is an important part of Mer’s corporate culture. This culture facilitates that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders can have confidence that Mer processes their personal information in a proper manner. As a customer, supplier or other stakeholder, your privacy is important to us. We work continuously to ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws, as well as our internal guidelines for privacy and protection of personal data. This privacy statement explains how, why and for how long Mer processes personal information about you.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE PROCESS
Mer collects personal information to operate efficiently and provide the necessary services. We process the following customer and supplier information:
- contact information for involved persons
- user account information
- charging consumption and consumption pattern
- financial information: for example paymentcard number
- details of what rights you have on behalf of the company you represent
We also process personal data within environmental and social responsibility. This includes personal information about local stakeholders, such as occupation, health, contact information and other related information. In addition, we process personal information about other partners and stakeholders, including landowners, press contacts, journalists and other relevant stakeholder groups.
WHY WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mer processes your personal data to provide or procure products or services to or from you or your organization.
For example, we process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communication with our cutomers and suppliers
- Security and avalability of our services
- Improving our service and communication channels
- Marketing and other customer service
- Administration of contacts
- Communication and social media
- Audits, inspections and reviews
- Due diligence
- Purchasing and procurement
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information you provide to us, for example when you:
- enters into contracts or agreements with us
- submit forms to us
- accesses our websites of uses our social media platforms
- establishes a customer or supplier account with us
- sends us emails or contacts us through other channels
Information collected from your activity as a customer, supplier or other stakeholder, for example when you
- uses our websites
- uses our services app and/or portal
- order products or services from us
- location data once you have given consent
Information collected from third parties, for example from:
- public authorities
- credit institutions
- other publicly available information
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mer stores personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose of the collection. Your personal information is stored and deleted in accordance with applicable laws.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We share your personal information with:
We use a number of suppliers who provide services within IT, cloud sharing, etc. We can allow such suppliers to access / receive your personal information to the extent that it is relevant to provide necessary services. We will ensure adequate data processor agreements with our suppliers to protect your privacy. When we use data processors outside the EU / EEA, we want to make sure that there is a legal basis for the transfer of personal data.
We will also disclose your personal information where there is a legal requirement, where it follows from a judgment, ruling or decision of a court or administrative authorities, or as part of a legal process.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mer commits to protecting your personal information:
- We handle information so that it is correct, accessible and handled according to the degree of sensitivity.
- We use a variety of security technologies and information security procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- We restrict access to your personal information to the staff or third parties who process the information on Mer’s behalf. These parties are subject to strict confidentiality requirements and Mer may take disciplinary action or terminate the agreement if these requirements are not complied with.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mer is responsible for processing and is responsible for determining the purpose of the processing and the way your personal data is processed.
Mer is responsible for processing and responsible for determining the purpose of the processing and the way in which your personal data is processed. As we are owned by Statkraft As, other Statkraft group companies are also responsible for selected processing activities within their control area.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mer processes personal data only if, and to that extent, at least one of the following points applies:
- the data subject has consented to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific reasons
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or to take the necessary measures prior to the conclusion of the contract at the request of the data subject
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a statutory obligation to which the data controller (Mer) is subject
- the processing is necessary to protect the life and health of the person to whom the information relates or other individuals
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority assigned to the processing manager (Mer)
- the processing is necessary for purposes related to a legitimate interest promoted by the controller (Mer) or by a third party, with the exception of cases where such a legitimate interest is overridden by the interests or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and which require privacy
You have the right to ask us, at any time, to:
- give you further details on how we use your personal information
- give you a copy of the information you have provided to us
- update / correct your personal information
- provide you with information about the logic of automated processing of your personal data in cases where Mer uses automated decisions
- delete personal data that we no longer have a legal basis to process
- provide you with your personal information in a structured, well-known and machine-readable format or transfer the information to another data controller
- stop a specific processing of personal data that is based on a legitimate interest, except if our purpose of the processing does not outweigh the consideration of your privacy rights
- restrict how we use your personal information during an investigation
- complain via the contact information in this privacy statement or to the relevant judicial authority
If you have any queries, questions or complaints in connection with this privacy statement or our use of personal information you can contact us at [email protected]. You can also contact our data protection officer at [email protected]
If you believe that we process personal data in breach of the data protection legislation and your rights as a data subject, you also have the right to file a complaint to the local data protection authority, Information Commissioner’s Office Datatilsynet, Postboks 458 Sentrum, 0105 Oslo.
aBOUT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is based on the transparency requirement of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation). We will update this privacy statement when necessary. Changes will be published in this document.